Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
The course is accredited by the Guild of Beauty Therapists, the UKs leading professional beauty trade body. The course covers the consultation, contra-indications, technique and aftercare needed to perform the treatment and is written following the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for beauty, nails and holistic therapy treatments.
Massage can help clients to de-stress, improve circulation, and reduce pain. Providing a massage treatment can be both beneficial to the client and the therapist and can lead to an incredibly rewarding career. The GTi Body Massage course covers massage techniques, a full body massage routine and the preparation you need for the treatment.
The course is fully accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists and is worth 39 CPD points.
The theory element of the course is completed online via the Guild and the assessment is held at College. You will need a Gti Student membership to complete the Guild courses. Memberships to the Guild are not included in the price and is payable direct to the Guild by the candidate. Memberships start at £25.00.
What will I study?
The online theory course is beautifully written and accompanied by images, video and a voice-over. Upon completion of the online theory modules, students will receive a manual which they can use to refer back to.
Some of the modules and examinations are completed online with full online support available. The remaining module consists of a practical module and examination which is to be completed at College.
Within the theory element, you will complete the following units:
- Introduction, Reception, Ventilation And Consultation
- The Cellular System
- The Muscular System
- Muscle Positions & Actions 1
- Muscle Positions & Actions 2
- The Skeletal System Bone Structure
- The Skeletal System Bone Position
- The Circulatory System
- The Lymphatic System
- The Nervous System & The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System & The Digestive System
- The Skin
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- Preparing For Treatment
- Massage Technique
- Perform Manual Massage - Front Of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage - Hand & Arm
- Perform Manual Massage - Neck, Shoulder, and Chest
- Perform Manual Massage - Abdominal & Back Of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage - Back & Neck Part 1
- Perform Manual Massage - Back & Neck Part 2
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
No previous experience is necessary, learners must be aged 19 or over.
How will I be assessed?
Following each theory module, you will take an online examination which requires a pass rate of around 70%. For the practical module you will need to demonstrate that you can perform the outlined tasks to the skill level required. Please note that you will need to bring a model with you for your assessment.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021