Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
Massage can help clients to de-stress, improve circulation, and reduce pain. Providing a massage treatment can be both beneficial to the client and the therapist and can lead to an incredibly rewarding career.
What will I study?
The course will cover the following areas:
- Introduction, Reception, Ventilation And Consultation
- The Skin
- Contra-indications & Contra-actions
- Preparing For Treatment
- Massage Technique
- Perform Manual Massage - Front Of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage - Hand & Arm
- Perform Manual Massage - Neck, Shoulder, and Chest
- Perform Manual Massage - Abdominal & Back Of Leg
- Perform Manual Massage - Back & Neck
- Treatment Adaptations & Aftercare
- Practical Module
No previous experience is necessary, learners must be aged 19 or over, model required.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by your practical assessment, after successfully completing the course you will receive a Blackburn College Certificate of attendance.
If you would like to upgrade your certificate to an accredited Guild certificate you will need to complete an online theory course via the Guild and book onto one of the beauty assessment days.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021