Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
During a threading treatment, individual hairs are removed completely from the hair follicle. A twisted thread catches hairs as it is rolled across the skin and removes them. This is suitable for eyebrows and small areas of hair on the face. Threading hair is an ancient method commonly practiced in Egypt and India, but is becoming very popular here in the UK.
What will I study?
- Introduction, Reception & Consultation
- History & Types of Hair Removal
- The Skin
- The Hair & The Endocrine System
- Contra-indications Preventing Treatment
- Contra-indications Requiring Adaptation
- Equipment & Preparation
- Practical Module
No previous experience is necessary, learners must be aged 19 or over. Model required.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by your practical assessment, after successfully completing the course you will receive a Blackburn College Certificate of attendance.
If you would like to upgrade your certificate to an accredited Guild certificate you will need to complete an online theory course via the Guild and book onto one of the beauty assessment days.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021