Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
Knowledge of Spreadsheet applications would be useful. Book Keeping knowledge would also be desirable but is not essential.
What will I study?
This 6 Week Training Course is delivered 3 hrs per week. Students learn to produce a complete set of accounts with reports using integrated accounts software. The course comprises modules on:
Specific course content includes:
- Clearing data, setting up Sage and the importance of backups
- Set dates/amend company details, VAT rates
- Setting up nominals and the opening trial balance
- Basic customer and supplier entry details
- Processing batch invoices
- Credit notes and amendments
- Petty cash and error correction
- Bank reconciliation
Time permitting, there may also be the opportunity to cover some of the following:
- Prepayments, accruals, contra entries and month/period end
- Returned cheques, writing off bad debts, sales order processing
- Disposal of fixed assets and provision for doubtful debts
Please note that Payroll is not included on this course.
How will the course be delivered?
Through classroom based activities alongside a tutor and other delegates at a similar level. The course is self-paced and, if a student completes, a college certificate is awarded.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College August 2021 Results