Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
This course is for Health and Safety professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs
Who is the course for?
Health and Safety professionals and aspiring entrepreneurs
How will the course be delivered?
Proactive workshops, group and individual exercises. Group discussion. Home study and end of course assignments. What will I get at the end of the course?
- An understanding of how business operates
- How to be successful in business
- How to identify and set business targets and maintain business growth
- The importance of close customer relations
- Business ethics
- How to identify potential pit-fall
- The legality of business and business regulations
This will enable you to set-up a business, run a client - backed project, speak with self-assurance about the subject matter, Contribute to management meetings and investments appraisals Create and monitor budgets.
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a NEBSOH certificate or any other relevant management certificate or professional qualification such as but not restricted to - HNC/D. Degree, City & Guilds and NVQs.
What will I study?
The course will cover the following:
- Costing system and techniques
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Cash flow
- Payback periods
- Overhead absorption
- Job costing
- Labour costing
- Profit ratios and percentages
- Profit and loss
- Balance sheet appraisal
- VAT advantages and disadvantages Market research, sales and marketing
- Business regulations, consumer protection, the sales of goods/services act and product liability
For more information
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021