Location: Accrington, BB5 5PN
To apply, click here: Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship (Level 2 Intermediate) (blackburn.ac.uk)
The apprentice will support adults with learning disabilities within a day care centre. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Park View Resource Centre is an organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs.
We seek a flexible, warm, professional individual to work within our personalised service. Successful candidates will provide flexible support to adults with support needs (mental health/learning disability/physical health needs).
The individualised support will enable service users to develop the skills, to lead independent lives, promote their quality of life and personal development.
Support Worker duties:
- Engage with individuals and build trusting therapeutic relationships, working to encourage a positive life outlook and coping skills
- Support individuals in other settings as part of a structured approach, whilst working closely with other professionals and agencies to provide a co-ordinated service which meets the identified needs of each individual
- To support individuals in maintaining the safety, security, cleanliness, and comfort of living a fulfilled life
- To provide respectful personal care in accordance with the needs, wishes and preferred routines outlined in the individual's personal support plans
- To enable individuals to become as independent as possible and to grow in confidence, competence, and personal effectiveness in areas such as: time management, personal care and hygiene, social skills/relationships, managing money, literacy and numeracy, ICT, home management skills all supported with written education
Interested applicants must be prepared to deliver educational activities, undertake group discussions, plan, prepare and present collaborative learning/training. MUST also have a high level of ability to deliver sessions.
- Good communications skills
- A willingness to learn and develop
- Happy disposition
Things to Consider
Please note the closing date for this vacancy is at the employers' discretion and is subject to change.
Must pass an initial assessment at Blackburn College
Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship
Level 2 – 18 months
Training to be Provided
Level 2 Adult Care Worker
Functional Skills maths and English (if required)
Progression throughout the business