Location: Blackburn, BB2 2QG
In general, an Administrative Assistant deals with any and all tasks needed by the professionals they will be working for. For this reason, an Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities will vary depending on the person and business role that person undertakes.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dealing with incoming & outgoing correspondence
- Data entry, retrieval & database/portal maintenance
- Filing & archiving
- Creating, managing documents, spreadsheets & presentations
- Compiling reports
- Managing diaries for team members
- Scheduling meetings, taking minutes and taking notes to type up memos, etc
- Speaking to customers and clients to answer queries and resolve issues
- Taking and delivering messages
- Ensuring office supplies are in good stock & reporting for order where necessary
- Writing up PPE/uniform/Toolbox talk or other business logs
- Compiling Documents, RAMS & Maintenance manuals for distribution under managers supervision.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Organisation skills
- Customer care skills
- Administrative skills
- Team working
- Able To Prioritise
- Telephone Skills
- Previous Work Experience ideally within an office desirable
- GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) essential
- GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) essential
Things to Consider
Can you travel to BB2 2QG
Depending on your previous experience you may be enrolled onto the Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship.
About the employer
We are a family business with long standing employees. We have a long-standing reliable team of experienced New Build plumbing installers, many of whom have been with our company for over 15 years! Thanks to our history in this aspect of the industry we have contributed to many sites winning National accredited awards. We have a specialist team of fitters who are skilled at completing refurbishment and installation work to Central Heating and Plumbing systems in your home. We have an experienced team; we offer a reliable Servicing and Maintenance service for your gas appliances so you can rest assured that your appliance is properly maintained according to current regulations and manufacturers requirements.
Home Gas Supplies
Intermediate Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship:
Advanced (depending on applicant may be intermediate)
Intermediate 15 months, Advanced 20 months
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Business Administration Standard (TBC at interview)
Functional skills Maths and English (if required)