Location: BB1 7DT
This is a developing role which has been designed to meet the need of Re:Source Blackburn in conjunction with the ‘embracing the past to transform the future’ fund. The post-holder will carry some responsibility and be expected to work unsupervised for a lot of the time. This job description has a wide sphere of responsibilities, but there will be different priorities for each of the parts of the role depending on the situation. Supervision, support and training will be provided for each area of the role. The increase in responsibility will be incremental and not all parts of the role will be required at the start.
General administration assistant
To assist in all administration duties which include:
- General office administration duties
- Brochure Collation
- Policy updates
- Health and Safety supervision
- Project management and implementation
Assist in Event Organisation
Assist the Director of Operations in the physical preparations for events. This will include:
- Preparing rooms in The Exchange in line with hirers needs
- Prepare the paperwork with venue hirers
- Oversee invigilation staff and volunteers
- Liaise with partner delivering organisations
- Open and close The Exchange
- Assist with overseeing the building health and safety
- Attend Emergency First Aid course, safeguarding course and integration course
- Assist with risk management
- Organise and plan your own event to launch the book and film, working alongside community organisations and local stakeholders using their feedback to ascertain the type of event that is to be delivered.
- Work alongside the Director of Operations to strategise and procure more venue hire.
Assist the Director of Operations and the Heritage and Volunteer Coordinator with the organisations of the volunteers
- Collate volunteer information and input into software database
- Attend Volunteer Training course
- Assist training volunteers
- Assist with volunteer enquiries
- Pay volunteer expenses
- Oversee volunteers at events
Assist with Finance
Assist Director of Operations with finance administration
- Collate expenditure invoices
- Assist with cash collection, counting and banking
- Assist with tap and donate analysis
- Assist with finance security at events
- Assist with income invoice production
- To function as an integral part of a developing team
- Attend relevant meetings as required.
- Have a knowledge of and act at all times within the boundaries of health and safety legislation, risk management and data protection.
- Have a basic understanding of the Charity’s equal opportunities policy.
- Be supportive of the Christian foundation of the charity.
1. GCSE’s grade 5 or above in English and Maths - Essential
2. Evidence of further training, courses and skills developed through part time work, hobbies and leadership roles - Desirable
3. Demonstrable ability to plan and prioritise own workload with supervision - Essential
4. Good communication skills required to build relationships - Essential
5. Multi-cultural awareness - Essential
6. Ability to plan ahead and work within agreed timeframes - Essential
7. Ability and willingness to travel for work - Essential
8. Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as required - Essential
9. Professional attitude - Essential
10. Ability to demonstrate a commitment to team working - Essential
The Exchange Blackburn - Exchange Blackburn
Intermediate Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship:
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Business Admin Standard
Functional skills Maths and English (if required)