Why wait to change your career?
If you are aged 24 or over or are 19-23 and already have a Level 3 qualification (eg. A Levels) you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund your Level 3 or Level 4 course.
Advanced Learner Loans have been introduced by the Government to help you pay for your tuition fees. You only repay your loan when you are earning over £25,725 a year. Repayments are small.
An Advanced Learner Loan could help you:
- Enter higher education
- Gain a place on a UK Top 10 degree at University Centre at Blackburn College
- Get a graduate job
- Become one of 9 out of 10 graduates who are in work or further study*.
Thinking of an Access to Higher Education Diploma?
If you are studying an Access to Higher Education Diploma, Student Finance England will ‘write off’ any outstanding Advanced Learner Loan balances you owe once you complete a higher education course. This means you do not have to repay your loan. The higher education course must be eligible for student finance. See eligibility information here.
Why get an Advanced Learner Loan?
- You will have to pay nothing up front
- You don’t pay back a penny until your income is over £25,725 a year
- If you study an Access to Higher Education Diploma, Student Finance England will 'write off' any balances you owe once you complete an eligible higher education course
- Loan eligibility doesn’t depend on your income and there are no credit checks
- You can get an Advanced Learner Loan even if you have had one previously
- Gain a place on a UK Top 10 Lancaster University awarded degree at University Centre at Blackburn College.
Who can apply?
To qualify for a loan, you need to:
- Be aged 24 or over at the start of your course
- Be aged 19-23 and have already studied a Level 3 course (eg. A-Levels)
- Have been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years
You can still apply for a loan if you are currently claiming benefits or are unemployed.
You can also apply for an Advanced Learner Loan if you have already taken out an Advanced Learner Loan before and you can also take out two Advanced Learner Loans at the same time. For example, you wish to study two courses at the same time to suit your career aspirations (eg. Photography and Hair and Beauty, for Fashion Photography).
How do I apply?
Once your place is confirmed and we have issued you a Learning & Funding Information Letter by the College you need to visit the Government's Advanced Learner Loan webpage and follow the How to Claim instructions.