GCSE Grade 1 in English and Maths required.
1 academic year
Key features and Benefits
- This course is designed to help young people who have Entry certificates, or GCSE grades 1 or below. If you are 16-18 years old or 19-24 years old with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), or you didn’t do as well as expected in your GCSEs, then this course might be for you. This course is designed to support you to develop the skills and knowledge needed for a career within Childcare/Health and Social Care.
- Learners will experience a ‘hand’s-on’ approach to their learning and gain practical skills, knowledge and understanding within Childcare/Health and Social Care.
We want you to achieve academically within Childcare/Health and Social Care, but we also want you to develop professionally too. You will also study employability skills within this course.
We will give you the opportunity to learn both practical and theory skills within Childcare/Health and Social Care.
What will I study?
You will study the following units:
- Food and Nutrition for Children
- Improving own Confidence
- Working as a team
- Caring for children and babies
- Parenting Skills
GCSE Grade 1s in school (predominantly in Maths and English).
E2/E3 Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English.
How will I be assessed?
You will build a portfolio which could include:
- Practical assessments
- Questioning and discussions
- Written work
You will also have an exams/assessment in maths and English.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of all elements could lead to progression of a Level One qualification.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us and speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help and answer any of your questions. Contact us on 01254 292418.
Discover other courses in Early Years
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College August 2021 Results