Leaving school is an exciting next step in your education, and joining college will give you the next level of skills you'll need for a future job or higher education progression.
In Year 11 you’ll gather all the information you need to make your choice. Throughout the year, you'll see our School Liaison team often and be able to take part in a variety of activities, such as:
- Open Events: get a feel for college life, speak with career advisors, meet with tutors and see our amazing facilities in person
- Taster Events: get an understanding for the subjects you might want to study
- Your Blackburn College Interview: discuss your personal achievements and ambitions with subject tutors
- Spotlight Evenings: Take part in subject ‘hands on’ taster sessions and meet tutors
- New Students’ Day: the first introduction to College life and a chance to get to know your future classmates and experience your subject
- Enrolment Support: a named tutor will help you through the process
The Skills Network Auto Assessed Short Courses
We’re pleased to offer a wide range of auto assessed online programs to help with Continued Professional Development through The Skills Network:
- Courses are delivered fully online and are auto-marked, giving instant feedback and results
- These short, bite-sized programmes are interactive and engaging, taking on average just two hours to complete
- Tackle relevant modules embedded into the programme, providing additional learning
As a Blackburn College student, you’ll have access to a range of specialists when you need it most.
A team of professionally qualified Careers Advisors are on hand to help with:
> Developing a career plan to help you achieve your goal
> Specialist information, advice and guidance on education, training and work
> Supporting employability skills development such as application and CV writing, interview skills and job searches
> University and UCAS applications support
> One to one appointment
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book an appointment.
Student Finance Team
A team of experienced advisors can help with:
> Application for bursaries
> Travel support for students
> Applications for a scholarship
> Student Finance England applications
> Information, advice and guidance on funding support
Contact email@example.com for more information or to book an appointment.
Safeguarding and Pastoral Support
01254 292424 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring your time with us is a safe and positive experience. Students have access to the following:
- Personal Development Tutors: helping build confidence, resilience, well-being and enrichment
- Student Pastoral Officers: providing support, advice and guidance across all curriculum areas
- Safeguarding Team: providing early help and prevention support, with access to outside support agencies
We have a range of faiths represented at College and our Chaplaincy allows for the exploration of religion, world views, pastoral care and spiritual direction. Student support includes:
- Help you explore your faith
- Celebrate religious festivals
- Offer help, guidance and referrals to faith and support groups
- Provide guidance with prayer and worship
To find out more you can contact email@example.com for more information.
Services for Special Educational Needs or a Disability
We pride ourselves on providing high quality support for SEND with an inclusive learning support team.
Individual support plans will be developed with you, including support for:
Autism, Assisted technology, Deaf/hearing impairments, Dyslexia, Learning difficulties, Medical conditions, Personal care, Physical disabilities, Visual impairments, Other individual requirements
Our dedicated team is made up of specialist advisory SEND teachers, dyslexia specialists, teacher of the deaf, teacher of the visually impaired, qualified British Sign Language communicators, note takers and support workers.
You can discuss your support requirements in advance by contacting us.
Call: 01254 292585/292336
Assisted Text phone: 07837418148
The Student Assistance Programme
Our Student Assistance Programme is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you with issues affecting your homelife, education, health and general wellbeing. The programme helps students to work towards realistic and achievable solutions.
24-hour FREE confidential helpline: 0800 028 3766
You can also download the My Healthy Advantage App from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.