Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
Who is the course for?
It is now the law in England and Wales that anyone who authorises the sale of alcohol to the public must hold a personal Licence.
How will the course be delivered?
Through classroom based activities alongside a tutor and other delegates at a similar level.
What will I study?
Topics covered are
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives
- The application process for a personal licence
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- The premises licence
- The content and purpose of operating schedules
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- Unauthorised licensable activities
- Rights of entry to licensed premises
- Police powers with regards to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- The specific prohibitions for sale of alcohol
- The strengths of alcohol drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body
- The protection of children from harm
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol
Assessment is made by multiple - choice examination at the end of the day.
It is essential that individuals have an adequate level of English to understand the information delivered by the tutor. All delegates are required, prior to the commencement of the course, to state that their English skills are at an appropriate level. If it becomes apparent that an individual does not understand the content, the individual will not be able to complete the course but will still be charged the full fee.
For more information
For more information about this course, contact our specialist team on 01254 29 25 00 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021