Have secured an apprenticeship in a school setting and ideally GCSE Grade A*-C or 4-9 in English and Maths.
Key features and Benefits
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
It is a combined programme of study during which –
- You will be employed in a school setting working with children 5-16 years old for approx. 30 hours per week
- You will receive a training wage or national minimum wage
- You will have the opportunity to acquire a qualification as a L3 Teaching Assistant
- You will attend college for one day a week and be employed as an apprentice for four days a week
- You will have the support and assistance of an assessor/tutor and your employer
What will I study?
You will work towards the Teaching Assistant Standards and study a range of topics including Assessment for Learning, Safeguarding, Theories of How Children Learn, Supporting Maths, English and ICT and Supporting Children with SEN
You need to have secured an apprenticeship in a school setting and ideally will have a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through completion of tasks set in the workshops for the knowledge criteria. You will also be assessed by the assessor during practical activities with the children in the workplace for the performance criteria. You will then be put forward for End Point Assessment when an independent assessor will carry out a two hour observation of practice and a 90 minute professional discussion
What can I do next?
You may progress to a relevant Foundation Degree or if in the right role may want to do the HLTA training
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Teaching
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021