Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
This qualification is for those working in Leadership roles in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Services. It is designed for full or part time workers, paid and voluntary, permanent or temporary.
None. There are no formal requirements for this course, however you must be working in the correct job role and be 19+.
What will I study?
The City & Guilds Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services enables learners to develop the knowledge and skills relating to both adult and children’s settings, focusing on Management of settings, staff and resources.
There are five pathways in total, covering:
- Adults’ Management
- Adults’ Residential Management
- Adults’ Advanced Practice
- Children and Young People’s Management
- Children and Young People’s Advanced Practice
Learners must achieve a minimum 90 credits: 30 of these will come from the 6 core mandatory units, common to all pathways. They cover:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies and procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people In addition, a range of mandatory units for the chosen pathway must be completed, as well as optional units, in order to achieve a further 60 credits.
For more information
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021