5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and Science, with at least a Grade 3 in Maths
2 academic years
Check with tutor
Key features and Benefits
- Benefit from our longstanding partnerships with East Lancashire Hospital NHS Trust
- Learn from tutors who have a wealth of industry and experience
- Brand new for 2023
- Rated Ofsted 'Good'
T-Levels are new courses which follow on from GCSEs and are equivalent to 3 A-Levels. These 2-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work, further training or study.
T-Levels offer you a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of 750 hours over the duration of the course.
T-Levels will train you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to enter skilled employment in a particular occupation, or to continue to study that technical subject at a higher level.
With the NHS employing 1.2 million people, the career prospects for students in this sector are always bright.
This course would enable you to progress on to a wide range of jobs within the sector including; Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedic/Ambulance Staff.
This qualification will also enable you to spend 20% of your course in the industry giving you a wealth of relevant experience and the opportunity to enhance your practical skills.
This course is brand new and will launch in September 2023.
What will I study?
The content of the Health T-Level is designed to get you ready for a career in the Healthcare sector.
All students will develop an understanding of:
- Working within the Health and Science sector
- The Healthcare sector
- Health, Safety and environmental regulations applicable in the Healthcare sector
- Managing information and data
- Managing personal information
- Good scientific and clinical practice
- Providing person centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Infection prevention and control within health specific settings.
You will need 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and Science, with at least a Grade 3 in Maths
You will need to have a current DBS certificate. If you do not College will support you in your application.
How will I be assessed?
The T-Level will be assessed through a range of methods including:
- External exams
- External assessments
- Employer set project
- Work Experience
What can I do next?
- Hospital support
- Healthcare Support worker in Health
- Senior Healthcare Support Worker
- Care Home roles
- Community support roles
- Ambulance support worker
- Higher Education for nursing
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Health and Social Care
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021