This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification
Key features and benefits
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
- Learn in new Hybrid Electric Automotive Training (HEAT) facility
- Benefit from significant funding and investment from Department of Education
- Develop future-proofed set of skills
This qualification aims to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on Electric Vehicle charging equipment installation.
The qualification includes additional methods of protecting against open PEN conductor faults and how to assess if an installation has an issue with diverted neutral current.
It also includes smart functions in EVSE and relevant items within the installation as a whole. Integration into prosumers electrical installations including the option of electric vehicles reverse feeding into the installation and/or supply grid.
What will I study?
The course will cover the below units:
- The key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- The learner will know different types and features of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Understand requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment and circuits
- Understand the use of vehicles as electrical energy storage systems as part of prosumers installations
The following book will be provided (cost included in the course price).
Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (IET Codes and Guidance).
The course will be delivered through classroom based activities alongside a tutor and other delegates at a similar level. Candidates are expected to undertake an online exam on the last day of the course (2 hours in online exam room).
This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification, learners must hold one of the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable:
- Equivalent historical qualifications (see EAS Table 4B/4C) EAS Qualifications guide December 2020 (theiet.org)
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
The qualifications above must have been achieved no more than 5 years prior to starting this qualification or there must be evidence the candidate has remained current by completing relevant CPD such as a City and Guilds 2382 or equivalent.
How will I be assessed?
Candidates must successfully complete the below unit in order to achieve:
- 601 Design and Installation of Domestic and Small Commercial
- Electric Vehicle Charging Installations. On-line multiple choice test City & Guilds Evolve test (cost included in the price of course)
What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of electrical courses which you can progress onto:
For more information
For more information about this course, contact our specialist team on 01254 292500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rated "Good" by OfstedJanuary 2022