Employed in a school for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
16 weeks x 2 hours
Check with tutor
Key features and Benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning - is a part time course for adults who are employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning - is a part time course for adults who are employed in a school setting, supporting teaching and learning in the classroom. You will demonstrate how you meet a set of National Occupational Standards for the role of a Teaching Assistant and show that you have the level of skills and knowledge to complete your work effectively.
This is a full level 3 qualification to enable adults to work in a school setting in the classroom supporting teaching and learning.
Fee remission available - to be discuss at interview.
Tell me more
For further information please contact the School Support Staff team on 01254 292306 or Student Services on 01254 292929.
What will I study?
You will complete 10 mandatory units and 1 optional unit from a wide choice. Some of the topics you will cover will be:
- Child and young person development
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Schools as organisations
- Behaviour management
- You must be employed in a school for a minimum of 15 hours per week
- You will need to be supporting teaching and learning in the classroom
- You will need to have a good standard of literacy and numeracy (preferably a Level 2 qualification)
- Evidence of support from your school
- You will need a mentor in your workplace
- You must be at least 19 years of age
How will I be assessed?
The sessions in college will include some formal tuition, a range of group work activities and additional tutorial support as required. You will be assessed by an approved assessor, who will visit you in your workplace to observe and assess your practical work. You will submit a portfolio of evidence to show your knowledge and understanding.
This qualification enables adults to work in a school setting in the classroom supporting teaching and learning.
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Teaching
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021