You will need 3 GCSEs at Grade E
1 academic year
Key features and Benefits
- Enjoy exciting trips ranging from visits to RAF Liverpool, Somme Barracks and Outward Bound residential trip to Aberdovey
- Learn directly from experienced tutors who have considerable experience in the services
- Take part in work placements with the RAF, Royal Navy or the British Army
- Guest speakers from uniformed services such as the Territorial Army, Royal Navy, Lancashire Police and Lancashire Fire & Rescue
This Level 1 Public Service course is suitable for anyone who is considering a career in the Public Services. You will benefit from practical sessions and learn the fundamental skills required for anyone working in this disciplined environment.
This Level 1 course will prepare you for a career in Public Services, giving you the confidence, key skills and insights into the Services Sector.
The course provides you with the ability to contribute to the local community and develop your organisational skills. You will get to experience a behind the scenes view of the Fire Service, plus an understanding of the skills required to join the Police and how to maintain your fitness.
What will I study?
This course involves successfully completing a range of units which include:
- Fitness testing
- Develop the organisational skills required to join the Public Services
- Develop the employment skills required to join the Public Services
- Contributing / volunteering within your local community
- Experience trips to Fire Station
- Safe drive / Stay alive driving programme
- Maths & English*
*If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in your Maths and English language GCSEs you will be required to work towards a GCSE Grade 4 as part of your Study Programme.
You will need 3 GCSEs at Grade E.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment will be by successfully completing written assignments and participation in classroom based activities and outdoor activities.
What can I do next?
You could use this qualification as a stepping stone to the below course providing you have completed all the required units and receive a good tutor reference:
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Public Services
Rated "Good" by OfstedJanuary 2022