You will need at least 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 in GCSE English Language or Maths at Grade 4.
1 academic year
Check with Tutor
Key features and Benefits
- Take part in work placements within the sector to put your knowledge into practice
- Benefit from our longstanding partnerships with East Lancashire Hospital NHS Trust and Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Learn through practical activities such as The Forest School Experience
Enjoy and exercise your passion for the wellbeing of children by studying a variety of important topic areas, which are covered in this course. Giving students the knowledge, comprehension, and practical abilities, they need to care for and educate children between the ages of 0 and 11 years, 11 months.
It has been created to assist students in advancing to Level 3 qualifications in a variety of fields, such as early childhood education, supporting teaching and learning, and children and young people. Also, it has a lot of applicable knowledge for the health and social care industry.
What will I study?
You will study a range of modules including:
- A Childs development from Birth to 11 Years, 11 Months
- Play and Learning
- Exploring Legislation
- The Role of the Childcare Practitioner
- Physical Development and Physical Activity
- Professional Skills Record
- GCSE Maths and English (where appropriate)
You will need at least 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 in GCSE English Language or Maths at Grade 4. A successful DBS check will also be required.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by written tasks, activities and practical assessments through a portfolio of evidence undertaking 6 mandatory units.
Also you will be assessed over a period of time whilst on a 120-hour practical work placement.
What can I do next?
Upon completion of the Level 2 programme you will be able to:
Progress onto the Early Years Educator Level 3 Diploma studying early childhood education, supported teaching and learning, and children and young people. Which upon successful completion will enhance your career opportunities and give you the option to go enrol onto a degree.
You can start work as a Level 2 Nursery Assistant or a Teaching Assistant.
Your Study Programme
Rated 'Good' by OfstedJanuary 2022