GCSE Grade 1 in English and Maths required
1 academic year
Check with tutor
Key features and Benefits
- Benefit from a high level of support and encouragement to get you ready for your next steps
- Learners will experience a ‘hand’s-on’ approach to their learning and gain practical skills, knowledge and understanding within Starting Out in Sport and Public Services
- Learn a range of social, academic and practical skills
- You will complete an NCFE Entry Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Studies
Starting Out in Sport and Public Services is designed for young people with GCSE grade 1 to gain a Foundation Level knowledge of the sector and develop both practical and academic skills for them to progress in their chosen career with the support of the Foundation Learning team.
What will I study?
You will complete NCFE Entry Level 3 Diploma in Occupational Studies alongside your GCSE or Functional Skills Maths and English.
GCSE Grade 1s in school (predominantly in Maths and English).
E2/E3 Functional Skills qualifications in Maths and English.
How will I be assessed?
You will build a portfolio which could include:
- Practical assessments
- Questioning and discussions
- Written work
You will also have an exams/assessment in Maths and English.
What can I do next?
Successful completion of all elements could lead to progression onto a Level One qualification at College.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us and speak to a member of our Foundation Learning team who will be happy to help and answer any of your questions. Contact us on 01254 292418.
Discover other courses in Sport and Public Services
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021