Blackburn College crafts successful weekend at Festival of Making
National Festival of Making took place over the 8th-9th July and was a hugely successful event with a host of activities taking place around Blackburn Town Centre.
The annual event is focused on culture, artistic expression, and, of course, making.
The STEAM (Science, Technology, Art, and Motor Vehicle) tent hosted most of Blackburn Colleges' weekend events, with activities catered to a range of ages and showcasing the talent and innovation of our staff and students.
Activities across the day included:
- Photography workshops – Where you captured the perfect picture under the tutorage of our staff and students
- Crack the Code - You joined our introduction into Cyber and Coding and attempted to crack a code.
- 3D Printing Club – You were able to create a 3D Printed key-ring
- Racing Rig -We set up a racing computer game within one of our own engineered vehicles.
- Copper Candle Stand – You manufactured your own copper candles under the stewardship of our accomplished staff.
- Student Fashion Show - You were able to see our FE and HE Students put on a fashion show.
Take a look at our picture gallery below to get a glimpse of all our stalls and fun activities across the two days.