This course is designed for those individuals who have a keen interest in this area and will be delivered over 6 evening sessions.
Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
What will I study?
The course will cover the following topics:-
- Health and safety
- Know your tools and how to use them (basic hand skills)
- How to make a mitre box for cutting Skirting boards, Architraves
- Removal and replacement of Skirtings and Architraves
- Learn different methods of levelling (spirit and laser levels)
- Learn how to fit hinges to a door
- Learn how to fit different door locks
- Use of fixings for different backgrounds
- Use of power tools
- Tool maintenance (grinding and sharpening chisels)
- How to fit and hang a door
What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of construction courses, click here for further information.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College August 2021 Results