Aimed at learners with no GCSEs at Grade C or above. Successful candidates will provide samples of artwork
1 academic year
Check with tutor
Key features and Benefits
- Showcase your artistic talents in our Annual End of Year Show, the National Festival of Making, Origins Festival and Embankment Galleries London
- Benefit from our Progression Partnership with University of the Arts, London (UAL)
- Learn from tutors, many of whom are practicing artists who exhibit their work nationally and internationally
- Work with employers on live briefs to create promotional and corporate artwork that will nuture your freelance skills
This Level 1 in Art, Design and Media programme is a one year introduction to the world of Art and Design, intended as a stepping stone to a Level 2 programme.
This Level 1 in Art, Design and Media programme is a one year introduction to the world of Art and Design, intended as a stepping stone to a Level 2 programme. The course is a practical, hands-on experience giving learners the chance to explore different aspects of Art and Design and to develop skills in a range of areas from 2D Painting and drawing to 3D, Ceramics and digital imaging.
What will I study?
This programme includes the following:
- Digital photography, Digital arts, 3D, 2D, Functional and communication skills.
- Exploring a broad range of techniques and materials for creative work.
- Using research techniques to explore different artists and their work to improve and inspire ideas and personal work.
- Producing individual, personalised work based on a range of subjects such as Print making, Ceramics, Painting and Drawing.
This course is aimed at learners who do not have GCSE qualifications at Grade C or above. Successful candidates will provide samples of artwork which demonstrate a keen interest and ability in Art and Design.
How will I be assessed?
Assessments are continuous, with regular feedback given so you know exactly how you are doing. In the final stages of the course you will produce a final major project. This will be set internally and externally moderated. Staff will advise and guide learners through these stages encouraging them to use all the skills they have gained throughout the course.
What can I do next?
After successful completion of the course learners can progress to a UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design or Media and onwards to other higher level specialist areas where appropriate.
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Creative Arts
Advertising Art Director
Art directors or 'creatives' design the visuals for eye-catching advertising campaigns. If you have imagination and a flair for art and design there could be opportunities for you in this career.
You’ll need to be a good communicator and work well in a team. Resilience will help you deal with the feedback you get on your work and give you the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Your creativity and ability in art and design are the most important things to many employers. However, most new art directors have studied design and have an HND or degree in graphic design, advertising design, illustration or fine art.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021