There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and you are expected to have some prior knowledge or industry experience
Key features and benefits
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
- Learn in new Hybrid Electric Automotive Training (HEAT) facility
- Benefit from significant funding and investment from Department of Education
- Develop future-proofed set of skills
The IMI Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Hazard Management for Emergency and Recovery Personnel is designed for technicians who in the course of their daily work may encounter damaged electric/hybrid vehicles. It contains the knowledge required to work safely around the electric/hybrid vehicles high and low voltage electrical system and electric drive train systems.
The qualification provides you with the knowledge and skills required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles during emergency and recovery situations.
You will study in our world-class £5.5m Regional Automotive Technology Hub (RATH), which was developed collaboratively with leading car manufacturers. The Hybrid Electric Automotive Training (HEAT) areas will provide you with state-of-the-art workshops that look and feel just like industry.
Within our world-class facilities, you will get to work on our brand new range of electric/hybrid vehicles, enabling you to develop a future-proofed set of skills.
What will I study?
The course contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazard associated with the motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
- How to reduce the risk of injury when encountering electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to safely transport and store electric/hybrid vehicles
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification and you are expected to have some prior knowledge or industry experience.
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to sit an online examination at the end of the course.
What can I do next?
After this course you may consider the Level 3 qualification, which further develops their knowledge and skills within a technical role, carrying out repair and replacement of high voltage components on Electric/Hybrid vehicles:
For more information
For more information about this course, contact our specialist team on 01254 292500 or email email@example.com
Rated "Good" by OfstedJanuary 2022