You will need 3 GCSEs at Grade 2
1 academic year
Key features and Benefits
- Join our Career Academy and enjoy guest speakers from the world of business
- Take part in work placements with top companies like Barclays, Santander or Marks and Spencer
- Visit London's Old Bailey, High Court, Houses of Parliament and East Lancashire Magistrates Court
- Demonstrate your entrepreneurial skills in the Dragon's Den, hosted by Boost, Lancashire Business Growth Hub
Do you want to understand how a successful business is structured? If so, this course is for you.
This 1 year, introductory Level 1 Business course looks at planning and running enterprise activities; identifying and planning successful business structures; how to use various methods of office technology and provide excellent customer service; recording effective bookkeeping, keeping to legal requirements and how to handle boardroom situations.
This introductory course will help you progress onto Level 2 Business and features:-
- Human Resources
We also look at the job opportunities available within business administration, taking part in interactive support meetings and team building activities.
What will I study?
This course is designed to provide you with a Level 1 Diploma in Business.
The course units feature:-
- An introduction to business theory and practice
- How a business works and is structured
- Taking part and supporting business meetings
- Engaging team building activities
You will also be required to study functional skills in Maths and English.
You will need 3 GCSEs at Grade 2.
How will I be assessed?
During the year you will complete a variety of assignments, which will be marked by your tutor and form part of your portfolio (some of the units will be externally marked by the awarding body.)
As well as taught lessons you will be encouraged to work on your own in one of Blackburn College's Learner Resource Centres.
What can I do next?
On completion of the Level 1 Diploma, you can then progress onto Level 2 in Business.
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Business
Project managers plan and organise resources and people to make sure projects finish on time, stay within budget and meet the requirements of the business. They work in all industries from construction to IT.
If you are good at juggling several tasks at the same time, have excellent 'people' skills and can lead a team, this may be the career for you.
To get into this job, you'll need some experience of working on projects, for example as part of a project support team. Training and qualifications will also help, in particular, PRINCE2 certification.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College August 2021 Results