Key features and benefits
- Study at our World Class Campus
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
There is no entry criteria to join this course, however we recommend you have an interest in the subject in order to get the most out of it.
Candidates must bring with them steel toe capped boots or relevant foot protection. Trainers are NOT acceptable footwear for this course.
What will I study?
Class sessions will include the following:
- theory of brickwork to explain small building regulations
- general work place safety
- correct PPE that should be worn in construction
- setting out of Masonry structures and tool box discussion
Workshop sessions will familiarise the candidate on using the correct tools for each job, spreading mortar and laying bricks, setting out a brick model and building the model to the correct standards. The model will then be assessed and once confident, candidates will move onto a more difficult model.
Candidates will have the opportunity to continue with a brick model or learn other building techniques (i.e. BBQ/Garden wall builds/repairs).
What can I do next?
We offer a wide range of construction courses, click here for further information.
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College August 2021 Results