GCSE Grade 4/C or pass Blackburn College’s assessments in Maths and English at Level 2.
Key features and Benefits
- Fantastic learning facilities
- We work with over 3,000 employers to help you find a job
- Rated "Good" by Ofsted in all areas - as of January 2022
An Accounts/Finance Assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a business. The Accounts/Finance Assistant is responsible for assisting the team of accountants with junior accounting duties.
What will I study?
Aware of elements of commercial law that may have an impact when working in accountancy, such as contracts, data protection or Anti Money Laundering
- Explain the importance of upholding relevant codes of conduct
- Explain different legal entities and organisational structures
- The impact of technology on business and its accounting and finance functions
Candidates will need to either have GCSE Grade 4/C or pass Blackburn College’s assessments in Maths and English at Level 2.
How will I be assessed?
End Point Assessment (EPA)
- Structured interview (supported by a portfolio of evidence summary)
- In-tray test
Both assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO.
What can I do next?
Higher level course.
Progression on to Assistant Accounting Apprenticeship Level 3 Advanced.
Your Study Programme
Discover other courses in Accounting
99.7% Overall BTEC Pass RateBlackburn College Results August 2021